How Parents can Help
To support your child’s progress in learning, you are asked to attend individual parent-teacher conferences regularly. We invite you to become versed in the educational philosophy at Nightingale Montessori, the specialized learning materials, and the integrated curriculum. We ask that all parents demonstrate their commitment to the values stated in this covenant. These unifying principles provide a guideline by which teachers will assess your child’s progress day by day, month by month, year by year.
Teachers and Parents at Nightingale Montessori are deeply committed to these values:
- We devote every effort to helping each child fulfill his or her innate potential.
- We cultivate each child’s natural curiosity and encourage a lifelong love of learning
- We affirm each child’s freedom of choice vis a vis an understanding of personal responsibility.
- We stimulate each child’s internal motivation and pride in his or her own work.
- We buttress each child’s sense of self-discipline in daily behavior and work habits.
- We model self-respect, respect for others, and respect for the environment.
- We help each child reach academic excellence at her or his own pace.
- We create a learning community that engages each child in purposeful activity.
- We embrace diversity: to practice inclusiveness and appreciation of difference.
- We resolve disputes in a peaceful and caring manner.
- We teach the values of compassion, fairness, and accountability.
- We foster the capacity to identify and articulate personal needs and expectations.
- We practice community participation and service.
- We lead each child to grow into active and responsible citizens of the world.
Please check out our future school to learn more about our goal for a new building.